Complete Overview of the Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board
The management of Mata Vaishno Devi is administered by Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board (SMVDSB). The Shrine Board came into force on 31st August 2011 under the Jammu and Kashmir Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Act, 1986.The Shrine Board was constituted with the Objective of providing basic facilities (Like Food,Bathing,Accommodation) to the Pilgrims in general.
Before the board was constituted the Management was in the hands of Local Trust called the "Dharmarth Trust" and a few local residents called the "Baridars".The decision to take over the management by the state government is due to the poor state of things and absence of facilities for the Pilgrims.
The Jammu and Kashmir Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Act can into force from August 30,1986.Under the Act,the management of the shrine will be run by a 10 member board.The Act provides that Governor of the state would be the ex-officio chairman of the board.In case the Governor be Non-Hindu,he would nominate the Chairman who would be Hindu.Dr Karan Singh who was the sole trustee of the Dharmarth Trust was made the vice-chairman of the board by the life.The Governor has nominated the eight other members of the board.
Various Facilities Provided by the Shrine Board
- Accommodation facilities in the form of Online Room Booking at Bhawan.
- Helicopter Services from Katra to Sanjhichat and vice-versa
- Medical facilities are available at base camp Katra,Adhkuwari Sanjichat and Bhawan
- Eatables are provided in the Bhojanalays and Refreshment Units owned by Shrine Board at affordable rates.
- On Track Facilities in the form of Palkis,Ponnies and Pithus for the under privileged yatris
- Battery Car Service from Adhkuwari (New Track) to Bhawan and vice-versa
- Blankets and Cloak Rooms are provided to pilgrims free of cost.
- Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board has its own no profit no loss shops at Bhawan known as Bhaint Shop where Prashad/Bhaints offerings are available at a fair price.
- Atka Darshan and Aarti Darshan Facilities are provided to pilgrims and affordable rates